Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's next?? What's new...

So wow! I have not been that busy but I am so bad at keeping up with this blog thing. I did the same thing with diaries growing up I think I have like 5 diaries that only have 4 entries in them. Let's see what I can update everyone on... I am still working on base here at the vet. I have been seeing animals all by myself which is kinda weird cause I am used to having a vet there the whole time but it is fun too. Shelby and I added a new addition to our family. He is a yellow labrador retriever Cody James Thorsen.

I only call him Cody James when he is in big trouble, Shelby doesn't acknowledge his middle name he just calls him Cody. He has learned sit, shake and lay down, so he is very smart obviously inherited it from his mother j/k :) Chewie loves having him around he was getting kinda lonely, they love to play together. Although chewie has taught Cody some of his gay habits which now Cody is doing also but I don't think he knows what it means... He is going to be a great loyal dog for us and we are lovin him. Shelby has been gone a lot lately on his boat they are trying to get some time in so we can get extra time off at Christmas. Unfortunately we will not be coming home at Christmas:( but probably the week after. Last year Shelby said hey next year you might be spending your Christmas on a Coast Guard ship jokingly... and he was right. It will be fun though spending time with all our friends over here on Christmas. We started our Financial Peace University class a month ago. It has been great Dave Ramsey teaches the class through DVD's and makes it really fun and interesting, I would definatly suggest it to anyone that wants to learn more about money. We have met some new friends through the class too which is always good. We love the church we are going to, it is a lot like Hillcrest Baptist and reminds us of home. I am getting involved with the women's ministry and we are planning a tea for Christmas lol I sould all old lady. lol
This is us at the Alamo when my parents came to visit. We had so much fun taking them around and visiting all the sites. I hope and pray we don't have to go back to the USS Lexington anytime soon or at least not for very long, we were there for almost 6 hours!!!



So the time has come for us Thorsens to decide where we will go next. We are debating some locations. God is going to lead us to the right location so we know he has full control. I am looking for PA schools that are good as well as coast guard stations that are right for us. So far Savannah, GA is at the top of our list. Shelby would like to go to Oregon or Alaska but that is kinda a little far away from home. I won a round of golf here to play 18 holes for both of us, so we are gonna play this weekend. I have never played a full game of golf before so I will probably die from getting hit in the temple with the ball but hopefully not :) Then we are having a cookout with all our neighbors I love to entertain so it will be fun and my neighbor's are gourmet cooks so that's always a plus. Oh and we have started drinking this health drink called Monavie. It has really helped us become healthier and it has some great benefits. If you want to know about it call me up. It has been on Oprah and Rachael Ray Shows as being a superfood that everyone should be taking. http://www.monavie.com/ . So coming up we have a lot of important decisions, we will be moving next June. OH OH and we are going to be Aunt Ashley and Uncle Shelby, because Summer and Josh are expecting next June. We are all so excited and can't wait for a new little neice or nephew! So that's what's new with the Thorsen's!! We miss everyone back home very very much. Keep us in your prayers as we go on with our lives in Texas and for our important decisions coming up.


Love you all!! Ashley

1 comment:

Krista and Brandon said...

Miss you ASH! It's so great to hear how you are doing! We love FPU too, wish we could take it with you guys. I really hope to see you this Christmas!