Monday, August 11, 2008

My first Blog



So here it goes... Thanks to Krista I have been introduced to this new world of blogging. Let me try to sum up my life in the last year. Last August I graduated from University of West Fl with a bachelors of science degree in pre-professional biology. On June 11th Shelby Thorsen the love of my life that I have been with for almost FOUR YEARS asked me to marry him and of course I said yes after thinking it was a joke ( that would of been a mean joke). After 10 months of stressful and fun wedding planning we were married April 26th. We decided to go on our honeymoon to Disney World since we wanted to do something fun and it wasn't to far away. We had a lot of fun but there was a lot of kids around but it's Disney what do you expect. Then we moved to Corpus Christi, TX where we are stationed for the coast guard. We moved in our home May 5th and it still feels like we are settling in. It is a mix of the whole just married still need stuff and moving into a new place. It is hard to like this house though. Don't get me wrong we are lucky to have a
nice place but I like decorating and having a "homey place" and here we can't paint and we won't be living here forever so I don't want to buy stuff for this house specifically cause it might now fit in our new place. But I am making it as good as I can. My neighbors always says it feel homey in here so that is good. We just got back from Pensacola yesterday for Jessica Lindsey and Matt Barnes wedding. It was really sweet and special, we are so glad that we got to see all our family and friends. Jessica was such a beautiful bride I knew she would be. The reception was fun all my friends are such crazy dancers. I said the toast for Jessica and I was sooo nervous but everyone said I sounded good and didn't studder but they were probably say that to make me feel better. I am glad I did it and I am glad it's over I am not good talking in front of crowds :( Well Shelby left today on the boat and he left his phone charger in pcola so his phone will probably die. I can't believe he left it. I wonder if this blog thing will become addicting?? I am usually really bad about doing daily things like diaries and stuff so we will see. Now I am looking at the living room at all the stuff that we brought back from home and don't want to put it away but I know I have to or else my husband will come home and go on about how messy it is. Well here's to a new relationship with this lil blogger we'll see how it goes!

No comments: