Saturday, March 12, 2011

Praying for our husbands

Last month I began reading "Power of a Praying Wife" and it is beginning to change the way I look at marriage. It is so easy to blame the husband for all the wrong things that happen in our lives. What i have realized is as much as I pray for what he does I can not change my husband. I cannot pray for him to love laundry or pray for him to want to pay the bills instead of me. God works through us, and our relationship with our husbands is not defined by our relationship with our husband but rather our relationship with God. God loves me enough to take care of me and in his wonderful way show me that I need to pray to change me, and through that he will make my marriage wonderful and so much more than I could ever do on my own. I am praying that I become less "bossy" and find other ways to tell my husband things that need to be done on a daily basis. I am excited to see what God begins to do in my marriage as I begin to pray for my husbands life, work, emotions, finances, free time, and his Wife! What do you think??

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I hope you and your hubby are doing well!

This book is amazing. I read part of it and ended up giving it away to somebody else before I finished it so I need to buy myself another copy. I've also heard that, "The Power of a Praying Woman," is great too! Lots of times it's easier for us to pray for others and forget to pray for and focus on ourselves.

Beltway Bargain Mom said...

Ashley - great to hear how God is using this book to develop a richer prayer life for you to bless your husband. What a great encouragement!

I just was stopping by your blog and wanted to say hi and thank you for including my blog Beltway Bargain Mom (formerly Frugal Friends in Northern Virginia) on your sidebar under "Coupon Tips"
Thanks for sharing

Blessings,
Laura, BeltwayBargainMom.com